Sunday 6 March 2011

Wellington

Well I've not quite figured this blog thing out, so after sticking up the photos, I couldn't add text, so I do it this way...deal with it. Well it's been a relaxing time in Wellington...mostly been reading and visiting coffee shops, which they have plenty of here. And they all do lovely cakes, and I have a sweet tooth! Oh and I decided to treat myself to another big fry up before leaving town tomorrow!

Also went to a couple of gigs and bought a load of cheap cds...most for $2, though a couple for as much as $6!! I saw an organ concert at a church (for 3 members of the South Island Organ Company, who were renovating the organ in Christchurch Cathedral when it collapsed...) and also a middle eastern psych type band (supported by a metal band who were kinda like Goatsnake, but a little more obvious). And between bands, they played Paranoid by Black Sabbath on repeat (the album)!! What a gig! There was a street festival in one of the arty suburbs that was pretty sweet as well.

I met a dude from Doncaster and also a fella who used to go to college near Solihull, where I grew up...and the dude from Doncaster knows some people I kinda know...small world!

All in all a very relaxing time is being had, which is what I plan for the next 2 weeks or so before heading back to blighty. Cos once I return, it is pretty much go go go...work and gigs from the get go....looking forward to it to be honest...work less so, but I am looking forward to seeing work pals...just not looking forward to actually having to work!

Well, I imagine there will be another missive or two before I return. I head up north tomorrow to Turangi to relax at Samuri (!) backpackers, before hitting Auckland next saturday. Then possibly over to Coromandel for a weekend with the fam, before returning to UK...hope it's warm!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like more of a holiday now than a race around an island to do it all in a flash.

    Spotted a few albums in there even I would like!

    Got word from my cousin who has been holed up at the start of the Tongariro Crossing waiting for good weather (she mentioned Monday as being a possibility to start it from the forecasts). Slightly less summery than other places!

    Christchurch looked a little full-on. Didn't realise they'd shut the entire centre off, thought it was more sporadic than that.

    Where do I recognise that grafiti of the boy from? Bugging me now

    Enjoy the cake and coffee....

    ReplyDelete